Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 15: After the test

We are working on finding solutions to quadratic functions intersecting with linear functions and other quadratics. The easiest way to do this is to use the quadratic formula. The kids took a test on Friday, Day 14. They weren't bad, but it made me realize that 90% of them could show their work correctly but get the wrong answer after putting it in the calculator. I realized we needed some calculator practice and instantaneous feedback to see where and how we were using the calculator incorrectly.

Enter: Star Wars Whiteboards

*Super Nerd Alert* I love my Star Wars whiteboards. They are fun, the kids are sort of tricked into doing work, it allows me to walk around and check their work, and they usually have some funny drawings...



We still need practice with the calculator, but they are SO much better after our calculator practice day.

Bonus: the kids LOVE my whiteboards too and have already asked for them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment